Thursday, September 12, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Bites


I shared this recipe with you in my "What I Ate Wednesday" post, but I though that this recipe deserved it's own page. :) As I said last night, I was really craving a pb&j. However, since I had committed to two days of no wheat, I couldn't succumb to that desire. I decided to get creative, and find a way I could eat some peanut butter without going overboard, and without breaking my bread-free decision.

What immediately came to mind were frozen banana coins with peanut butter. Sadly, I had no frozen bananas, so that wasn't an option. The bananas in the fruit basket were still slightly green, but I needed something, so they had to work.



I peeled the banana, ate half, and sliced up the other half. Then I took a butter knife and spread a thin layer of peanut butter over four banana coins. On the other four (I had eight in total) I spread a bit of strawberry jam. Then I joined the two together and secured them with a toothpick.

My banana coins were very slippery - I think it had something to do with their being a bit green still - so it was a little difficult to spread the peanut butter and jelly. If you use a ripe banana, I don't think you will have any trouble.



Originally, I wasn't planning on adding the cottage cheese; but the plate looked a bit empty, and it needed a finishing touch. So, I spooned a heaping tablespoon of cottage cheese onto the center of the plate and sprinkled everything with cinnamon.

These were quick to make and very satisfying. They weren't sweet, but they took away my craving for a peanut butter sandwich, so that was wonderful. As I mentioned before, you could make these more like a dessert by adding some form of chocolate. It does seem like chocolate makes everything better. :)



Well, I hope you enjoy this little snack/treat. Please let me know if you try them, and what adjustments you made - if you make any. Have an awesome day and may God bless you!

Lots of Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment