Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Balancing My Meals

Lately, I have been trying to eat balanced healthy meals. I am focusing on eating clean and controlling my portion sizes. Last night, I wanted a light dinner that I could put together quickly. We were really low on fruit and veggies, so I tried to get creative with what we had. The healthiest choices I saw were black beans, eggs, and the cucumber or carrots that were in the fridge. Carrots didn't sound too appealing, but that cucumber looked pretty good. I decided I would cook a couple hard boiled eggs, throw together some cucumber salad, and have some black beans. That way, I got my protein, carbs, and veggies.




It was such a perfect dinner, and I was really pleased with how simple it was. If you have hard boiled eggs already prepared, this dinner should take you maybe five minutes to put together. I didn't mind waiting the fifteen minutes for my eggs, but it would've been a lot faster if they had already been made.


I made myself two eggs, but I ended up eating only one and giving the other one two my sister. Just a little side note - this was inspired by Taralynn Mcnitt over at Undressed Skeleton. She is an awesome healthy living blogger, and is super motivational. Check her out! I love her laptop lunches, they are so cute! This was the closest I could get to a laptop lunch. Mine looks more like this one.


This meal is so simple you don't even need a recipe. However, if you've never heard of this salad, I just posted the cucumber salad recipe, so check that out! 

After dinner I was craving something sweet. Well, it's sweet-free September for me, so I some frozen walnuts and raisins instead. It was completely satisfying and a great way to end the night.



Well, I'm off to bed now! I hope you get to try the cucumber salad recipe soon. It is one of my very favorites! If you happen to try it, please let me know how you like it. Also, please comment below and share your thoughts about eating clean, balanced meals, this meal, or whatever you fancy. I love hearing from you guys! Thanks for reading and may God bless you exceedingly and abundantly!

Lots of Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment