Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blissful Banana Pancakes


"It takes two to make a thing go right.... it takes two to make it out of sight!"

My friends, this is amazing! It is absolutely incredible! It takes two, only two ingredients to make this masterpiece. Is that not incredible? I was inexplicably delighted with the outcome of my experimentation! I have tried making banana egg pancakes before when I was introduced to them by Taralynn. However, until now all my efforts had failed. When I saw Cassey Ho tweet about her banana pancakes and saw how amazing they looked, I decided to make another attempt. How sweet is this success! Literally, it's very sweet.

I think this is my new favorite breakfast. Words cannot express how my heart thrilled upon tasting this delicacy. I am in a state of bliss at the moment - hence the name, "Blissful Banana Pancakes." These are perfect!

Mmmmm... there's no better way to start your morning than with a good breakfast.
And these pancakes are so healthy and light that I don't feel sluggish or "bad" about eating them. 




BANANA EGG PANCAKES

  • 1 large banana
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tbsp. slivered almonds (optional)
  • 1 tsp. honey (optional)

According to the directions of Cassey Ho from Blogilates.com, I sliced my banana and mashed it in a bowl.


 I used a fork, but you can use a whisk - as she did. Then I cracked in my two eggs, and whisked it them together with the banana.


In my previous attempts at making these, I always used a small pan. I would make one pancake at a time, but they never would cook right, and flipping them was disastrous!
However, Cassey makes her's on a skillet. Thankfully, I have one of those, and I used it this time - SUCCESS! :)

If you don't have one, perhaps these will still turn out well for you. Maybe it was just me, and small pans are perfectly fine. You can always try and see what happens. I'm just telling you what worked for me.


I will admit that these are thin pancakes. However, they stack nicely and make a lovely little pancake tower. I made these in two batches - four in each. My first batch came out okay, but the second batch was beautiful! See their little speckles? That is my second batch. In the picture below you can see that my first batch was a bit more smooth.


Anyway, I spread coconut oil over the skillet and then used a 1/4 c. measuring cup to pour the pancake batter. I didn't feel the cup all of the way, but you can if you prefer them wider or thicker. I'm not sure what the result would be.

On my second batch I sprayed my pan with Pam olive oil spray. As I said before, the second batch was awesome, but I don't know if using spray had anything to do with that. 

When my pancakes were all finished, I placed them in the center of my plate and sprinkled 1 tbsp. of slivered almonds over them. I then drizzled a bit of honey over the pile and sprinkled some cinnamon. They looked divine!


Now it is time to admire this culinary success!
They looked so beautiful that I ended up taking so many picture of these. Aren't they perfect? :)








Okay, I won't keep posting anymore banana pancake pictures. I hope you enjoy this recipe and love it as much as I do. Please let me know if you try these, and share your recipe success stories. Did you use a small pan? Did they turn out okay? I'd love to know, so please share! Also, if you want to send me some of your beautiful pancake pictures, I just might do a special post on all of your beautiful pancakes! 

Have a blessed day everyone! Check back later to see what my meals are for today. This is the last day of my "post every meal" project, so if you're interested, keep visiting the blog to see what I'm eating.

Lots of Love,
Mariah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment