Sunday, September 1, 2013

Balsamic Black Bean Salad


I went on a picnic with my sister, and we had veggie meatloaf and salad. If you want me to post the recipe for the meatloaf, let me know. It's one of the best tasting dishes you will ever have. We make it about every other week, and it's usually gone in a day.
Okay- you don't have to ask, I'll post it. :)

Anyway, we are supposed to be focusing on this lovely salad. This salad is really very simple, it's the dressing that makes it a hit. Any mixed greens should be fine, just add some black beans and balsamic dressing, and you will have a masterpiece. For this salad, I threw together a mixture of romaine and iceberg lettuce. I topped it with onion, corn, peas, and black beans. I used about 1/2 cup of canned black beans, and maybe a tablespoon or two of our homemade balsamic dressing. 
This balsamic dressing is one my very favorites, and it makes any salad taste amazing. I hope you enjoy it!

BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
  • 1.5 cups olive oil
  • 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 4 tsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 2 tbsp. fresh garlic (or 6 large cloves)
Mix all of these ingredients together in your blender until it reaches a smooth consistency. That's all! Now go try this dressing on your favorite salad!


Blessings,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment