Monday, September 9, 2013

Morning Munchies

Happy Monday!
Are you ready for an awesome week of healthy living? I know I am! :)
Now I know I promised to share pictures of my September breakfasts with you, so I am really sorry for missing two days. On Saturday I slept too late for breakfast, and I had lunch instead. :) On Sunday, I was rushing to get my breakfast (oatmeal) and completely forgot to take a picture. Sorry, guys.


Well, I'm starting off this week right. Today I'm sharing my Friday breakfast and today's breakfast. This morning for breakfast, I had an egg & turkey sandwich. I had planned on having oatmeal with egg whites, but it was not meant to be. We are out of oatmeal, and I just feel like it's wasteful to throw out the yokes of my eggs. I couldn't make myself egg-whites without feeling guilty. I don't mind throwing out one yolk, but anything more than that just doesn't seem right.



Instead, I made myself scrambled eggs with 1 whole egg, and 1 egg white. We are currently very low on veggies, so rather than making a veggie egg scramble, I decided I would just eat my eggs in a sandwich. I added 3 slices of turkey for extra protein. Yesterday, I helped my dad make some bread, so that's what I used for this sandwich. 

Egg & Turkey Sandwich

  • 2 slices of bread
  • 1 egg, 1 egg white
  • 3 slices turkey
  • 2 tsp. mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp. mustard
  • 1 tsp. ketchup
We made bread patties yesterday, so I used this for my sandwich. They are about the size of an English muffin. You can use an English muffin to make this if you so desire. You can also use sliced whole-wheat bread. Toast the bread and then spread the condiments on it. Cook the eggs to your preference. I like mine a bit dry. Place the eggs on the bread, then cover with the turkey slices. Close the sandwich, and enjoy!


Now this is the breakfast I had Friday morning. I took some pictures, I just never got to upload them. I wasn't too hungry that day, and I wanted just a little something. I made myself a cup of chai tea, and grabbed a banana. That was good, but something was missing. Then I remembered about the Cliff bar I won the other day at the library. (We have the nicest librarian, and she always has something going on.)
That bar made this breakfast perfect. 


The Cliff crunch bar was such a treat. It was granola with white chocolate.Yum!
The bar was 190 calories, the banana was about 105 calories, and the tea probably had about 25 calories (from 1 tsp. of sugar - 15 cal. & 2 tbsp. almond milk - ? cal.)


The lighting inside was horrible! I couldn't get a decent picture in there. I took these pictures in our driveway on our wooden cutting board. I love using this cutting board to take food pictures. It adds such a nice touch to the photos. :)

Well, that's all! I'll try to take at least one picture of my breakfast each day. I've got to get more consistent and creative. Do you have any ideas for a healthy, simple breakfast?
Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Have an awesome day everyone! May God bless you in all that you do. Stay healthy, fit, happy, and strong!

Lots of Love,
Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment