Thursday, October 10, 2013

Zucchini Egg-White Omelet

Happy October!

Fall is officially here! The days are a bit more overcast, the air is crisp, and the breeze is heavenly. After a long hot summer, I am so happy that the colder months have finally come. Fall is my very favorite season. The weather is just lovely. Besides that, I love everything that comes with fall - the comfy sweaters, the steaming mugs of coffee or tea, socks and slippers, warm blankets, toasty fires, pumpkin, cinnamon, and cookies. It's a wonderful season for sure.

Anyway, I know it has been a looong while since my last post. That means I have quite a few recipe posts in store. Today I will share with you a simply delectable zucchini egg-white omelet. I also call this a protein omelet because it is definitely full of good protein. My mom actually introduced me to this deliciousness. After my 5 mi. run, she made me this protein omelet. It was sooooo good! From then on, this is my new favorite post-workout meal. If you tend to exercise early in the morning, this is great to eat after an intense cardio session, or some serious strength training.


ZUCCHINI EGG-WHITE OMLET

  • 1/2 c. egg whites
  • 1 slice cheese
  • 1 slice turkey (or 2 depending on the thickness)
  • 1/2 medium  zucchini (chopped)
  • 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
Before we make the eggs, let's sauté our veggies first. Spray your pan and cook the zucchini and onion together for about 5 minutes or until tender. You can season your veggies with a bit of salt and pepper, or maybe even some basil and oregano. Then, spray a separate pan and pour in your egg whites.  Sprinkle a pinch of salt. Once the egg whites begin to dry and firm, flip your egg. Now, lay your piece of turkey down. Then add your chopped zucchini, and lastly, the slice of cheese. Close the omelet and turn off the stove. Cover your pan for about a minute to let the cheese melt. You can then remove the cover, slide that omelet onto your plate, and enjoy this tasty dish.


Well, that's all. That is how you make a delicious protein omelet. You can add more veggies if you like, you could omit the turkey if your prefer. You can really adjust this to your personal tastes. Please let me know if you try this recipe. I would love to hear how you like it, and what adjustments you make - if you make any. :)

Have a wonderful day and may God bless you!

Lots of Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment