Friday, October 11, 2013

Salsa Scramble with Veggies

I've always liked zucchini, but just recently I discovered that I completely love zucchini!
I especially love having it with my morning eggs. It is so delicious sautéed with onion, or in soup. Last night for dinner I had an amazing cup of zucchini soup. It was soooo good. I definitely need to post that recipe! I have yet to try zucchini pizza, zucchini lasagna, or zucchini chips; but as soon as I do, I will post my recipe and pictures.

Today, I have a super simple breakfast to share with you. It includes zucchini of course, as well as some salsa and egg-whites. I hope that you enjoy it!


EGG-WHITE SALSA SCRAMBLE W/ VEGGIES

  • 1/2 c. egg-whites
  • 2 tbsp. fresh salsa
  • 1 small zucchini
  • 1 small onion
Sauté your veggies first. You will need to slice the zucchini and onion and cook those in a small splash of olive oil. You can also spray your pan and cook them. Once the veggies are tender, turn off the stove and remove from heat. I didn't season mine, but you can always add some salt and pepper if you want to. Now that the veggies are done, you can pour those on your plate. Next we will make our eggs. Spray your pan and pour in 1/2c. of egg-whites. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and gently stir your eggs. Once they are cooked to your preference, pour them on your plate. Now all you have to do is top your eggs with a bit of salsa. I used fresh salsa, but that's not necessary.


Wasn't that simple? Now go and enjoy your yummy healthy breakfast!
Please let me know how you like it! Have an awesome day and may God bless you always! :)

Lots of Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment