Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Zucchini Muffins


Today I have one of my favorite muffin recipes to share with you!
When the weather gets cool and fall begins to arrive, I love sipping on chai tea and eating warm muffins. My favorite types of muffins are corn, pumpkin, and zucchini. I thought I'd share my delicious zucchini muffin recipe today, so let's get baking!

You will need:

3 c. all purpose flour (or whole wheat)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. applesauce
1 c. water
3 eggs
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. shredded zucchini
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. raisins




Gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. 
In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, water, eggs, and spices. Mix together thoroughly. 


Next you will add in your raisins, walnuts, and zucchini. Stir till everything is equally combined. Using a large spoon, scoop your batter into your muffin tins. Be sure to spray them! This recipe makes about 18 muffins. When the oven is ready, just pop them in and let them bake for 20 minutes or until done. I usually touch them to feel their firmness and test them with a knife or toothpick.



Let them cool and then enjoy!


I hope that you like this recipe. I absolutely love it! The walnuts make these extra delicious. You can have fun with this recipe and add some chocolate chips, maybe replace walnuts with pecans or do a mixture. I've heard of zucchini carrot muffins before. Perhaps you could use 1 cup of zucchini and 1 cup of carrots.



Please let me know how you liked these muffins, and if you made any adjustments.
I bet they would taste fabulous with some semi-sweet chocolate chips! If you add those please tell me how you liked them.

Thanks! Have a fabulous day and may God bless you exceedingly and abundantly.

Lots of Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment