Friday, November 1, 2013

Tasty Tuna Burgers


Today I have one of the most delicious recipes to share with you.
I think my mom found the recipe on Pinterest, and the whole family was absolutely thrilled with these amazingly delicious.... tuna burgers.

Yum.

These are soooo good, and are so quick to make. Not to mention, they are healthy and inexpensive to make. It's an all-around win! I'm sure you will love these burgers. They taste amazing wrapped in a large iceberg lettuce leaf, served on a burger bun or sliced bread, or just plain! I hope you're ready for this taste sensation.




TASTY TUNA BURGERS:
  • 6 oz. can tuna, drained
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c. seasoned Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/3 c. onion minced
  • 1/4 c. celery
  • 1/4 c. bell pepper, minced
  • 1/4 c. mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp. chili sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 dash hot sauce
  • 1 dash worcestershire
Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Once the ingredients are well mixed, shape into four patties. Place the patties onto a greased cookie sheet or other baking pan. 


Broil on high for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden. 
CAUTION: Broiling is fast, 5 minutes may be too long for some ovens, keep a close eye on your tuna burgers so they don't burn.


These are sooooo good. I hope that you love them as much as I do. Please comment and let me know how you liked these tuna burgers, and how you ate them. Did you opt for a burger bun, or a lettuce leaf? My mom liked hers wrapped in a tortilla. What creative way will you eat your burger?

I washed my iceberg lettuce leaf and then sprayed a bit of mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup over it. I then placed my warm tuna burger inside. I topped it with pickles and tomato. It was fantastic!


Well, I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Happy November 1st!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, you know. Are there any recipes that you would like to see "healthified?"

I am so excited for this new month. I have lots o recipes in store, as well as a few challenges! Next week will be a water challenge. This month you can expect some plank and push-up challenges. Awesome things are store, so keep checking back for healthy and sweet recipes, fitness challenges and workouts, and lots of articles and advice.

Stay strong and may God bless you always!

Lots of Love,
Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment