Thursday, August 15, 2013

Veggie Egg Scramble



Hey, everybody!

I hope that your week has been phenomenal so far. Can you believe it? It's almost the weekend! Wow! It seems like this week has just flown by.

Well, today's post is going to be short and simple. I just wanted to share my yummy breakfast with all of you. This morning I woke up a bit later than usual, and my workout was a mixture of different things, and... it was just a different kind of morning. :)

Anyway, when nine o' clock rolled around, I was famished. I hadn't eaten anything, and I was ready for a good breakfast. Since I have been focusing on eating protein and veggies today, I didn't want oatmeal or pancakes for breakfast. Instead, I whipped up a healthy and delicious egg and veggie scramble. It was so good, and I thought it looked so beautiful, that I just had to snap some pictures to post.


So, if you want to make this deliciousness, all you need are eggs, tomato, cilantro, and onion.

  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 dash of salt (probably 1/8 tsp. or less)
  • 1 small tomato (sliced)
  • 1/2 small onion (sliced)
  • 1/4 c. cilantro (finely chopped)
To begin, I sliced 1/2 an onion, and sautéed it in my pan. I used Pam Spray to cook my onion - you could use a drop of olive oil, but if you just give your pan a quick spray, it saves you some extra calories. ;)

When the onion was lightly browned and a bit tender, I took it off the stove and set aside. Then, in a small container I beat together 1 egg and 1 egg white. I then sprayed my pan with a bit of Pam Spray and whisked my egg in there. I also sprinkled a dash of salt over my eggs as they cooked. When my eggs were slightly dry, I poured them onto my plate and topped them with the cooked onion. Then I added my sliced tomato and chopped cilantro. Ta-da!

I wasn't expecting it to taste so good, but it was amazing. The flavor was incredible. Today's breakfast was one of the best egg breakfasts I have ever tasted. Yum!

I hope that you try this breakfast scramble. If you like this recipe and found this post helpful, please comment below and share your opinions with me. Thanks!
Have a fabulous day, and may God bless you all!


Love & Grace,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment