Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer Salad Bowl


Summertime is salad time! When it's hot and you're hungry, what's better than a cool, crisp, refreshing salad? I love salad. I can eat salad for my breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack. Salads are the perfect combination of healthy and delicious. You can get really creative and make some fancy salad, or you can just throw together some lettuce and spinach leaves. I enjoy making my salad beautiful, and I usually make the salads for our family. Yesterday afternoon, I made this simple, delicious, and beautiful salad for a healthy lunch.

I used one bag of romaine lettuce (which was three small-medium heads of lettuce), 1/2 bag of fresh spinach leaves, 1 large onion, 2 stalks of celery, 2 medium/thick carrots, 1/2 can of corn, 1/2 can of whole pitted olives (which I chopped), and about 3/4 c. of frozen peas.

Usually we will add some cucumber, tomato, and greek peppers to our individual plates. Adding tomatoes and cucumbers to the whole bowl makes the salad a bit soggy, so that's why we don't put them in the salad bowl.

I'll be sharing some more salad pictures and recipes soon, so keep checking back. As always, have a marvelous day, and may God bless you more than you can possibly imagine!


LOVE,
MARIAH

No comments:

Post a Comment