Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Plate Full of Pancakes...

Happy Hump Day! :)

I hope that your week has been awesome so far. Since I haven't posted in a while, I have a few recipes to share with you. Today, I will be sharing a delicious pancake recipe. These are super yummy, and really healthy. They make the perfect breakfast. They hold you over, but don't make you feel "full" as some pancakes do. I like pancakes, but I don't love pancakes. Either they don't fill me, or they make me feel stuffed. These pancakes are perfect, because they were perfectly filling and extremely good. Seriously, it was a taste sensation. Yum!



My sister was experimenting in the kitchen the other day, and she created these pancakes. (She has her own blog - thewholefruit - so check her out!) This recipe made nine pancakes - three servings. She put them in some little Ziploc baggies, and put them in the freezer for future breakfasts. I pulled my bag out of the freezer this morning and had my pancakes. They were fabulous. :)


Oatmeal Banana Pancakes

Serving size: 3 pancakes
Calories per serving: 246
  • 1 large banana
  • 1 1/2 c. oats
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c. apple sauce
Pour all of these ingredients into a blender and blend until well-mixed. Next, spray your pan, and pour the pancake batter in. Cook until golden. 
That's all! Now you can dig into this scrumptious breakfast! I topped mine with 1 tbsp. of peanut butter and 1 tbsp. of strawberry jam. I also added an extra sprinkle of cinnamon - I love cinnamon. ;)
It was fantastic this way, but you get creative and top it any way you like. These are great with honey drizzled over them, and some sliced fruit or berries are perfect. If you want something a bit sweeter, you could have these with peanut butter and chocolate chips!


My breakfast was 391 calories. The peanut butter had 95 calories and the strawberry jam had 50 calories. Add those two toppings to the pancakes, and you get 391 calories. This was the perfect balanced breakfast, and I am looking forward to making some more of these with my sis. :)
I ate our last bag today, so we will be making some more soon.


Well, that's all for now. I hope that you found this recipe helpful. Maybe it has inspired you to create your own healthy breakfast recipe? Please let me know if you try these! I would love to hear if you liked them, and how you topped yours. If you like this recipe, please show the love and comment below! Thanks for reading! Have an awesome day filled with the blessings of our Lord.

Love & Grace,
Mariah










No comments:

Post a Comment