Monday, August 26, 2013

Almond Joy Oatmeal


Happy Monday!
I hope that you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I know I sure did!  My sister's and I spent most of our Saturday lying in my bed listening to the audio book "Little Women." I've read it before, and loved it soooo much. This is the first time some of my sisters have heard it though, and they are all really enjoying it.

Anyway, today I have another oatmeal recipe to share with you. I made this Wednesday morning for my breakfast, and it was sooo good. Despite it's name, this recipe has nothing to do with the candy bar. However, the name Almond Joy Oatmeal sounded a lot better to me than Banana Almond Raisin Oatmeal

However, if you would like to make this oatmeal similar to an Almond Joy, you could add coconut, cocoa powder, and maybe some chocolate chips too! :)

I must say a quick word about this banana picture to your left. You might be wondering why I included this picture in my post. Well, I love minions.  Seeing a minion on a banana is part of the reason I chose to eat a banana in my oatmeal. Can't you see that little minion begging you to eat it? So you see, putting minion stickers on fruit is a great way to encourage kids to eat healthy food! :)




Recipe:


  • 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
  • 1 c. water
  • 1 medium banana
  • 6 almonds
  • 1 tbsp. raisins
  • 1 tsp. honey
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 c. almond milk

Cook 1/2 c. of old-fashioned oats in 1 c. of water. I cooked mine for about 5 minutes, but the directions may differ if you are using quick-cooking oats, steel-cut, or other types. When the oatmeal has reached a creamy consistency, it is done. Pour your oatmeal into a bowl and top with 1 sliced banana, 6 whole almonds, 1 tbsp. raisins, 1/4 c. almond milk, 1 tsp. of honey, and a dash of cinnamon. Now you have a marvelous bowl of oatmeal goodness.


Thanks for reading! I hope that you are able to try this oatmeal recipe. If you make this Almond Joy Oatmeal or the other variation I mentioned, please comment below and let me know how you liked it!
Have an amazing day everyone! May your week be exceedingly blessed, and may you enjoy great success on your health and fitness journey. Stay strong! :)

Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment