Monday, August 19, 2013

Guacamole & Egg Toast


Happy Monday!

It has been a wonderful and beautiful morning so far. I always find it so exciting to begin a new week of healthy living. Yesterday I sat down with my mom and sister, and we made a meal plan for this week. I love making meal plans. It's so fun to organize recipes and plan out dishes, and cook and bake -   I love it! :)

Anyway, this morning has been splendid. I enjoyed a fabulous cup of coffee during my morning devotions and reading time. This held me over till nine o' clock, when I made myself this yummy breakfast.



My sister made the guacamole, so I don't know the recipe. I'm sure that any guacamole will work well.
When I find out the recipe, perhaps I can share it in another post.

Since I wanted to taste the guacamole she made, I decided I would incorporate it in my breakfast. I thought that eggs on toast sounded good, and then I decided to use guacamole instead of butter.
The recipe and directions are really simple.





Ingredients:

  • slice of bread
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tbsp. guacamole
Fill a small pot or pan with water. Once the water comes to a boil, crack in your egg. Make sure that the egg is covered by the water. Cook for 3 min. on medium heat. This will result in a runny yolk. If you prefer it dry, cook it longer on medium, or cook at a higher temperature for a shorter time - whatever you like. :)



While the egg is cooking, toast your bread and spread it with 2 tbsp. of guacamole. When the egg is done, scoop it out- without the water- and place on top of your toast. Add a sprinkle of salt and there you have a tasty breakfast.

Well, that's all for now. Let me know how you liked this recipe by commenting below. Thanks!
Have a marvelous day. May God bless you exceedingly and abundantly beyond all you could ask or think!





LOVE,
MARIAH

No comments:

Post a Comment