Thursday, May 8, 2014

Banana Walnut Oatmeal


This morning I had a delectable breakfast of oatmeal. Oatmeal is one of my very favorite breakfasts. You can make it so many different ways - pumpkin, peanut butter, chocolate, banana, berry, coconut, pineapple, etc...

This morning I made myself a bowl of banana walnut oatmeal. It was soooo good! I love nuts in oatmeal; they just make it perfect. 




     Banana Walnut Oatmeal


    1 cup of oatmeal (150 cal.)
  • 1 medium banana (90 cal.)
  • 1 tbsp. walnuts (48 cal.)
  • 1 tbsp. raisins (33 cal.)
  • 1 tsp. (or more) cinnamon (0 cal.)
  • 1 tsp. brown sugar (15 cal.)
  • 1/4 cup of almond milk (15 cal.)
      Total Calorie Count: 301 calories








If you are trying to consume fewer calories, you could always use half a banana instead of a whole one.
I cooked 1/2 cup of oatmeal in 1 cup of water. I covered my oatmeal with the sliced banana, sprinkled my cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, and sugar on top, and then poured the almond milk over it all. It was absolutely scrumptious!



Well, thanks for reading. I hope this recipe gave you some inspiration to create your own amazing bowl of oatmeal. If you liked this recipe, please let me know and comment. Also, I would love to hear about any of your favorite types of oatmeal.



Have a marvelous day, filled with the joy and peace of our Lord. May our gracious God, bless you exceedingly and abundantly in your fitness journey. Grace and peace to you all in the name of our Lord  Jesus Christ! 

LOVE,
MARIAH


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd skip the brown sugar. I do, actually. My kids and I eat oatmeal with lots of berries in it, plus sunflower or other raw seeds, and powdered vitamins snuck into their bowls. So no sugar or anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you for the suggestion! You're right, it is sweet enough with just the berries, seeds, etc. Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day, and may the Lord bless you :)

      Delete