Monday, December 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Protein Shake



Happy Monday! :)

I thought I'd share one of my favorite shakes with you, before I go for my morning run.
This is just a quick little post, so I hope you enjoy it.

I love having a protein shake for breakfast. Shakes are quick to make, and this particular shake is delicious and satisfying. You can use any protein powder you want for this recipe. I recommend a vanilla whey protein, but use whatever you like. I just so happen to use whey, but I'm sure this would taste great with a soy protein or some form of vegan protein as well. Whatever you've got - use it! :)


Now sometimes this shake comes out like thick, creamy, ice cream. Other times ... it comes out a bit icy and more in a liquid form. I think the trick to making this thick and creamy, is using a frozen banana. I have tried it with a fresh banana, and it never tastes nearly as good. I highly recommend using a frozen ripe banana. If it's not frozen... well, I guess you'll see how it comes out.

Also, make sure that you put 1 cup of ice. If you put too little ice, it won't be as thick and cold. If you use too much, it will be more icy and not creamy. 

Well, that's all for now. I hope you try this super simple and incredibly delicious shake. I'm telling you, this is not only perfect for refueling after your workout, but this is a great meal replacement, breakfast, snack, or... dessert. This cures my sweet tooth like nothing else. Yeah. It's awesome.

Have a fabulous week and may God bless you exceedingly and abundantly this day! Please remember to comment and let me know how you liked this shake, and don't forget to subscribe to the blog! Thanks!

Lots of Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment