Friday, December 13, 2013

Eating Clean & Detoxing

Sometimes, it only takes one little thing to set you off on the right path. It is also true, that sometimes it only takes one thing to set you off on the wrong path. Sadly, for me, I got off track for a while. After Thanksgiving, I got into the habit of eating a few too many carbs, a tad too much sugar, and a bit bigger portions. (I am sure you can guess the result of this unhealthy combination.)

Needless to say, I haven't been feeling my best lately. Besides not feeling as slim and fit as I would like, I have also suffered a sore throat and mild cold for the past few days. The sore throat was my wake-up call. It is time to start detoxifying my body and getting back in shape. Sure, I have been faithful in my workouts, but as we all know... diet is crucial.

To jumpstart my healthy eating and re-commitment to fitness, I am doing a 2 day cleanse. I have been looking at quite a few cleanses on Pinterest to get an idea of what I wanted to do. Today was Day 1 of my cleanse, and I have based it off of the "Look Better Naked," Two-Day Cleanse. I am not being as extreme with this first day, I have only had fruits & vegetables, but I have not stuck to the original cleanse completely.

Anyway, I thought I would share with you some cleanses that I had found. I think that these are safe, healthy cleanses to try if you want to jumpstart your weight-loss, healthy eating habits, or to simply detox after the holidays. I am currently working on creating my own cleanse that I am hoping to share with you within the next two weeks. I am not a registered dietitian or nutritionist, and have no qualifications for telling anyone what they should be consuming.

However, I have studied many cleanses and diets, and the cleanse I am designing is based off of a variety of cleanses/detoxes I have tried or seen. I will let you know more about the cleanse when I actually post it. It will basically be a plan to eat as clean as possible for the upcoming new year. I am trying to completely eliminate processed foods, and refined carbs. (I'll explain more later.)

Anyway, here are a few cleanses that I found through Pinterest. I hope that these are helpful to you! 

This first cleanse I have not tried, but I thought it looked like a nice basic meal plan that would help you slim down after a week of slight indulgence.




This cleanse is going to be largely what I am basing my Eat Clean 2014 Cleanse on. I love the idea of really cutting out all of those unnecessary processed foods that we tend to consume without much thought. I would really like to cut-back on my dairy intake for the month of January. In fact, my New Year Goals will be coming soon in another post, so stay tuned. :)



This is the cleanse that I am tentatively doing right now. Today is a bit more lax, but tomorrow I plan on following it almost completely. I can't do the shake exactly, but I'll make a modified version with the ingredients I have. The second snack is another no-no. I don't have any asparagus. :( I'm just making do with what I've got on hand, but I am already feeling so much better.



Okay, this one is very intense. I understand that this might seem a bit extreme to some people, but I believe that it is a great option for someone who truly wants to cleanse their body. Actually, it's not that much different from the "Look Better Naked" cleanse.
I know from experience, that after binging on the holidays, I need something like this to get me back on track and relieve me of that gross, bloated feeling. If you are able to have self-control during the holidays, chances are you probably won't need this. However, this is for those of us who tend to overdo it a bit. ;)

Please understand that I am by no means advocating binging. In fact, I highly recommend that you do not binge - ever. Eat clean 80% of the time, and have your indulgences every once in a while as a special treat.



Please let me know if you have any recommendations for the cleanse I am creating, and let me know if you are interested in seeing some meal plans. Also, I would love to hear of any diets/cleanses you have tried. Were they successful, or unsuccessful?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the cleanses/detoxes I've shared here. Thanks!

Have a fabulous weekend and may God bless you always!


Love & Grace,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment