Thursday, June 5, 2014

Quest Review - Apple Pie

Well hello everyone!

I've been completely ignoring the blogging world, so I'm sincerely sorry. The good news is... I've got a pretty fantastic review for you today! I mean I've already expressed my complete adoration for Quest Bars, right? Many times I see puzzlement about whether Quest Bars are really worth the extra money. If I had to answer, I know I would say "yes." 

No, not every flavor is my favorite, and not every texture is amazing. But I have to say, in the 
end, they definitely win as one of my favorite protein bars. They are so filling and most of them have a pretty awesome flavor. Not every company can always produce a 'wow bar', but for the most part, Quest has a selection of bars that are quite good! So today I'm going to focus on only one bar, but trust me - it'd definitely one of their very best!

Quest - Apple Pie - Protein Bar Review



Quest surprised me extremely with this delicious protein bar! I will admit that I have not had apple pie for a long time, so when I say it reminded me of apple pie so much, remember that it is based off of my vague remembrance of when I had it. :) 

When I ripped open the bar, I could smell a delicious mixture of cinnamon and apples and... you get the point. 
The bar already got a +1 for just the smell- and I hadn't even tasted it yet!! I couldn't not take a little nibble of this bar before I mixed it all up for the dish I was planning on making, so when I did taste it for the first time, it tasted exactly like apple pie! Amazing, right? 

So now that we know it's a great-tasting bar, we can continue with our baking. I used this bar to make little apple pie cookies. I originally found the recipe for Quest cookies on Blogilates, but I had already devoured the Quest bar it called for so... I used the Apple Pie! No regrets. 


                                                               Quest Apple Pie Cookies

                                                                           2 Apple Pie Quest Bars
                                                                           1/4 C. Milk
                                                                           2 Tbsp. Applesauce
                                                                           1 Tbsp. Coconut oil, melted (or canola)
                                                                          3 Tbsp. Flour 
                                                                          1/4 Tea. Baking Soda
                                                                          1/2 Tea. Butter (optional)

Mix everything together in a bowl, and pop into the oven for about 5 - 7 minutes on 375. I mixed up some powdered sugar and butter/oil to drizzle over the top of them, and then I sprinkled cinnamon. I'm sure they would be delicious with other toppings!

Some more pictures, naturally! 











They were soooo good! I would definitely make these again and again! They tasted so much like an apple pie. 



Well I hope you enjoyed this Quest recipe! Have a blessed day, and go get some Quest Bars now! 

Keep shining for HIM,
Olivia



No comments:

Post a Comment