Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Banana Bread Protein Pancakes


Hello!
It's been a while since I did a post! :D I'm really excited to share this wonderful recipe with you and a really great blog!
I made these Banana Bread Protein Pancakes from Dishing Out Health. Super sweet Jamie posted this great recipe, and I just had to try it!! Honestly, I'm really, really glad I did. :)



Ingredients:
1/2 ripe banana
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (any kind)
2 tbsp. of flour
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. syrup (I didn't use this because I was low on syrup, but I know it would make them extra good!)
1/4 tsp. baking powder (I used 1/2 tsp)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract

In a bowl, mash half of a banana with a fork. Then add the rest off the ingredients to this. Spray a pan, turn stove on to high, and pour in batter. Wait for the pancakes to bubble and then flip. Eat and enjoy!


Toppings:
Options: sliced banana (this is what I used), walnuts, syrup, honey, agave nectar, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, peanut butter, jam, protein powder, vanilla, peanut butter, or chocolate frosting, or whatever you'd like to put!

Jamie said in her post, that her's came out really nice and thick like banana bread, but mine came out like the thickness of a regular pancake just extra big. :D They were still delicious though. I had barely any syrup that day, so they were lacking some sweetness. I'm sure they'd be even better if you had enough syrup to drizzle on top, because I had only enough to drizzle on the first pancake.

These pancakes are good for any meal - lunch, dinner, or breakfast- because they are filling and have great flavor! I was able to eat them for lunch at 11:15, and they held me over all the way till 6:35. I didn't even have a snack! I will definitely make these again and again. I highly recommend these to any pancake lover. 


If you want them to taste more dessert like, throw a handful or two of chocolate chips in the batter! Yum. Just change it up a little, and always be creative! Just remember, you are a creative cook. When you make them, send me an email and tell me how you like them. :D

Go check out Jamie's blog Dishing out Health for a bunch of delicious, healthy recipes and fitness ideas and tips! Have a wonderful day, may the Lord bless you exceedingly and abundantly in all things. :D Go try this recipe, and tell me what you think!!

Love and Grace...
Olivia



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I'm sorry your batter did not come out as thick as desired... I think the brand and scoop size of protein powder are the main culprits for this. However, I did add a note to the recipe recommending to add more flour if the batter appears too thin. Thank you for your positive reinforcement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes so much sense! These were delicious, so thank you for posting the recipe on your blog. I didn't see that, but next time I will. :D

      God bless!
      Olivia

      Delete