Monday, July 29, 2013

10 Healthy Snack Ideas

Happy Monday!

It's the beginning of  a new week, and another chance to live a healthy happy life.
I love when a new week begins. I find it really exciting to make my meal plan for the week, prepare healthy snacks, and to plan my workout schedule. My family usually makes the meal plan on Sunday, and then we start cooking on Monday. This week's snack is oatmeal cookies. I just popped them in the oven and will be posting the recipe and some pictures soon. Until then, I wanted to share with you some snack ideas that you can enjoy this week.

I haven't tried all of these snacks, but here is just a basic list you can have some fun with. Some are really just ideas, and some have links to where you can find the recipe.  I hope you enjoy them!




(Photo: courtesy of Taralynn McNitt)


This yummy snack is from one of my favorite healthy bloggers - Taralynn McNitt. This recipe can be found at her blog "Undressed Skeleton." I made these one week and they were a perfect snack. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!



My younger sister made these a few weeks ago. I wish I could say that ours looked like this photo. ;)
She added a bit too much oil, and her version of carrot straws/chips wasn't very successful. However, they tasted pretty good, and I know that when done properly, they will be fantastic. This is the perfect snack for when you're craving something crunchy and crisp, but want to keep it healthy.



Hard boiled eggs are some of the best snacks. They are so delicious and filling. I love angel eggs (our family's name for the more commonly known - deviled eggs), and they can be a great afternoon snack.


(Photo: courtesy of Taralynn McNitt)


What is better than sweet juicy fruit with cool, refreshing yogurt? I love fruit and yogurt for breakfast, or a mid-morning snack. Actually, it's perfect for anytime of day and any sort of occasion. This is good enough to be desert. You could throw in 2 tbsp. of chocolate chips, a sprinkle of cinnamon (I love cinnamon on yogurt!), and/or some coconut flakes. It's a perfect snack any way you eat it.




I have yet to try this delicious snack. I have always wanted to, but something always seems to prevent me from tasting this chocolate and cinnamon popcorn. Oh well, you try it and tell me how it is. This looks amazing! You can find the recipe by clicking the link beneath the photo. :)


I love zucchini, so I'm sure these are fabulous. Zucchini chips are on my list of recipes to make, I just haven't made them yet. They look amazing though, so try them out and tell me what you think.


I made these last month for my eight-year-old brother as a little birthday gift. He loved them, and everyone thought they were really tasty. I was so pleased with this recipe. It has a cheesy taste, even though there is absolutely no cheese in them! I'm sure kids will love these, so if your looking for kid-friendly snack ideas, try this one. 


I love Heavenly Greens shakes. They are healthy, delicious, and easy to mix together.  Here is a video of how I make mine. Now, this how-to video is really basic, and you can really change it up to your liking. These are delicious with frozen berries, apple juice, and a banana. Also, try this with mango, pineapple, banana, orange, grapes, and so forth.
Heavenly Greens is an amazing powder, and I always use it when my pH is a bit low. After only a few days of drinking these shakes, my pH is right where it should be. If you make this shake and change it up a bit, please share your recipe in the comment section below. I would love to hear how you made your shake.



(Photo: courtesy of Taralynn McNitt)


I was so pleasantly surprised by the deliciousness of this smoothie. This was one of the first smoothies that I tried from Taralynn. It was super easy and delicious. My shake didn't look nearly as good as this one, but it tasted great! I didn't have any chocolate chips or chunks to garnish mine with, but it was still fabulous. It's the perfect smoothie for a summer's day. Enjoy! :)


(Photo: courtesy of Taralynn McNitt)


I love peanut butter banana shakes! They are one of my very favorite shakes ever! I could seriously have them for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner. I love bananas, and I LOVE peanut butter! Peanut butter and banana is the best combination for yumminess. :)


Well, hopefully you found this list helpful. Thanks for reading! Please comment on your favorite snacks from this post, or tell me about some of your favorites that weren't included here. May God bless you and may your day be one of victory and joy.

"This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." ~Psalm 118:24


Love,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment