Monday, February 10, 2014

Tropical Oatmeal


I was uploading some pictures from my camera, and saw this picture of oatmeal that I made for my brother a few weeks ago. I had intended to share the recipe on the blog, so I guess I shall do that today. This oatmeal was really good and different from any other oatmeal I have ever made. I've never had pineapple or cashews in my oatmeal, but they sure were delicious!

If you are in the mood for something refreshing and fruity for breakfast, try this oatmeal. Also, I think that this would be soooo good cold, so make this the night before and enjoy some tropical overnight oatmeal.



Tropical Oatmeal
  • 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
  • 1 c. water
  • 1/2 c. pineapple
  • 1 tbsp. cashews
  • 1 tbsp. shredded coconut
  • 1/4 c. pineapple juice
  • 1 tsp. brown sugar
Fill your pot with water, and let it come to a boil. 

I haven't tried this, but I think you could cook the oats in pineapple juice. I don't know how this would come out, but I think it should work. Just an idea...

While you are waiting for the water, you can get out your pineapple, coconut, and cashews. I used a can of pineapple chunks and the juice from there. The cashews were lightly salted, but any cashews you have should be perfect.

Once the water boils, stir in your oats and let them cook for about 5 minutes. (If you are using a different type of oatmeal, follow the directions on the package.)
When your oatmeal is done cooking, pour it into a bowl and get ready to decorate!
Pour the pineapple juice over your oatmeal, sprinkle the coconut, add the pineapple chunks, and lastly add your sugar. You can add some cinnamon for some extra flavor. :)


Now enjoy your tasty tropical oatmeal bowl!

Thanks for reading! Please let me know how you liked this oatmeal recipe and share your thoughts in the comment section below! If you liked this recipe, subscribe to the blog to get more recipes like this delivered right to your inbox! Thanks! May God bless you!

Love & Grace,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment