Sunday, August 17, 2014

Quest Chips #crunchclean

Hello!

Today we have a review for the newest addition to the Quest store! And it is... the QUEST CHIPS!
We were really excited that Quest offered us some of their chips to taste, because they looked so good and... 

The point is that we were able to slip in a review for these chips. Continue reading to find out whether they were a winner or not. Happy reading!!

Cheddar & Sour Cream

I love when chips are flavored with sour cream and cheese. It just makes the chip come to life. :D Do get what I mean? 

I was really excited to try this flavor of the Quest Chips, not just because of how good they looked on the package, but also because I love flavor combinations! So when I tried them...


I was blown away by how good they were. I mean the texture was light and crispy like a really good chip that you buy from the store. The flavor was amazing! The dominant flavor was definitely the cheddar, whereas the sour cream was pretty subtle. 

I would buy this chip again and again and again without any hesitation. I was also thrilled that the first ingredient in this chip is protein. Not just are they amazing in taste, but they are sooo good for you! Quest just blows me away every time they come out with a new product. :)

BBQ

This was the first flavor that I tried, and with the first bite I was super impressed. The chip was a chip. It has the texture, the flavor, the look, everything. Quest really did an awesome job creating these chips. 

What I loved about it especially was that the flavor wasn't too strong or to subtle, rather it was just right. :) Also the chips was crunchy, light, and full of protein! This was my second favorite chip, and I would definitely buy it again from Quest. 

If they could improve anything, it would most likely be the sodium. I think that it could've been a pinch saltier tasting, yet I understand that they most likely are trying to keep the sodium low. 

All in all, this chip was a hit. I wanted to eat mother bag after I finished the first. They're so addicting!

Sea Salt

This was the last flavor that I tried, and also my least favorite. 

Don't get me wrong, this chip would be great to eat with salsa, nachos, or with something else, but eating it by itself was rather disappointing. The chip was lacking salt and just flavor in general. The texture was the same as the other two, but the flavor wasn't right.
I was probably spoiled because I had just tried two of the best chips I've ever tasted, and then I tried a plain, sea salt flavored chip, but nevertheless I still was hoping for much more.

Next time I try it though, I'm definitely going to have some salsa nearby to eat it with, because I'm sure it would taste delectable like that!! :D  Anyway, I'd probably give it a 3 out of 5 stars. 

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't necessarily impressive either. I didn't crave it like I did the other two bags I tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment